Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Remembering Justin's Dad

On September 16, we remembered Justin's Dad, Damian, as it was 2 years exactly that he had passed away. On searching for a picture of Justin's Dad to post, I couldn't pass our favorite picture that Justin and I frequently talk about. This was taken just about 10 days before he passed away. We were over visiting, as we had been doing every day for over a month, and talking with him. Although he was very weak from his chemotherapy and just from the cancer, he was still trying to be his joking self. He was telling us that he was trying to get the energy to make it to Carter's birthday party, but we decided to have Carter take a birthday picture with him then anyway =) Carter wasn't being very cooperative, so Justin got next to him and he took a deep breath and gave a super huge smile, as you can see. Justin and I cherish this photo so much. As I was looking through these pictures, memories just came flooding back of that time in our lives and it just brings tears to my eyes. I miss him terribly and it saddens me to think that Kelsie won't know her amazing Grandpa Wagasky on this earth. I know Carter misses him, as he asks about him often and inquires about seeing him again. I can only imagine what my husband feels, missing his father, as he talked with him nearly every day and went to him for advice frequently. Anyway, I didn't want this to be a sad post, so I will end by saying that I cannot wait for the great joy we will feel when we are reunited with this awesome man, and I am so very grateful for the gospel and the hope it gives us.
Shane, Rena and Justin by the gravesite

Makenze and Carter about to send their pictures up on balloons.
Carter and Makenze preparing their pictures for take off

My little guy hiking up his pants as he runs over to our picnic!

No comments: