Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Carter's Birthday

I am so behind on this, I know, but hey, I gotta catch up sometime. I was trying to get back in the habit of scrapbooking our cute pictures before I post them, but who am I kidding. I'll never get this done with these two busy kiddos of mine! Justin has started working nights this last week and a half, so I've managed to get some done, but I'm just going to do a massive post of catching up I decided and not worry about the cuteness for now =)
For Carter's birthday, we had him choose a fun activity he wanted to do, which was going on a tour at Anderson Dairy! This is so cute and FREE! They do a little tour with talking animals and walking through a foggy hallway (Carter's favorite part). Then reward you with a nice big bowl of ice cream at the end! Yummy! Carter was so excited to celebrate his birthday and especially that his cousins and friends, Jace and Mia, came. We had a blast!That night, Carter also had chose spaghetti with meatballs, broccoli, and garlic bread for dinner. He loved it so much, he ate 3 helpings of spaghetti! Those of you who have seen my child eat, know we witnessed a near miracle on his birthday =) He also desperately awaited the much wanted Omnitrix he has been begging for...we saved it as his last present. Those of you who have no clue what an Omnitrix is, it's a watch thingy that a superhero kid, Ben 10, wears that transforms him into different alien dudes that all have different super powers. So, moving on, he opened this beloved toy and eagerly put it on. After turning the dial and slapping the top a few times (in perfect mock of Ben 10), he says to us, "This is not working! I'm not turning into ANY of those guys!" We have since had many discussions of WHY he can't have the REAL Omnitrix and WHY pretending is so very cool =)

Happy Birthday our big 3-year-old!!!

PS Now that he is three, don't you know, he is super HUGE! He tells me when we go to the park, "Mom, I'm bigger than all these kids because I'm three!" Or he stopped midstep on our walk the other day and said, "Whoa, I am, like, really big." And then raised one eyebrow and stared me down. Cracks me up!

1 comment:

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Hilarious Carter! You BLOG! This is fantastic! We actually have the same blog page! LOL I knew we were kindred spirits! :)