Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Preschool is so much fun!

So, as I've mentioned before, I do preschool at home with Carter and he loves it! I don't always remember to take pictures of stuff we do, but I remember this last week because we did a fun activity Carter just thought was great!This is Carter cheesing it up in our preschool corner! It's a little messy sometimes, but I'm slowly perfecting this corner for all things preschool!

We were learning about bugs last week, so we made a little caterpillar out of 3 sections of an egg carton. Painted it, put antennae on and googly eyes (Carter chose 3 eyes because he's 3 years old).


Then we put it in a paper sack and hung it in the window for the cacoon.A few days later, to his surprise, his caterpillar emerged as a beautiful butterfly! (He unknowingly painted the wings the day after we hung him in the window. Then, while Carter was sleeping, I taped them on the caterpillar)

His favorite "bug" book of the week was "Buzz Bumble to the Rescue" by Lynn E. Hazen

His favorite bug song was a song I found on the internet sung to "Frere Jaques":

Big bugs, small bugs
Big bugs, small bugs
See them crawl, up the wall
Creepy creepy crawling
Never ever falling
Bugs bugs bugs, bugs bugs bugs

I found it on this site www.preschooleducation.com which is where I usually find my preschool songs of the week, such great ideas. I then just make some felt creations for our felt board to go along with whatever song I pick.

1 comment:

Blissful & Domestic said...

I am going to remember this for when we do bugs