Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What a cute little man

I just had to write this down because it was so cute. Carter has been learning to say "please" and "thank you" lately, to start with, and he is doing very well! We were eating lunch downstairs and he said he was all done so I got him out and he kept climbing, rolling all over me while I was still eating, which is what he'll do when he's tired. So, here's how our little conversation went:
Me: "Are you tired and ready for a nap?"
Carter: "Yeah"
(pause with more rolling while I take another bite)
Carter: "Car-car" (This is what he calls himself)
Me: "Carter? You want Carter to go to sleep?"
Carter, standing up straight with a big grin: "Yeah, please!"
I just love how he looks forward to his naps...he gets so excited when I've "discovered" how tired he is and am going to put him down for a nap. And yesterday, he kept telling me to turn off the light so he could go to sleep. (His room isn't as dark with the lights off as he likes, I guess!) This little guy just puts a smile on my face every day!